People First

by Sarita Seshagiri

Wednesday, December 13, 2006






Far from the rush, pollution and dust of this city, did I manage to escape. This was one weekend. It was a wonderful visit to a friend’s farmhouse. The lush green paddy fields, tall, coconut trees and the clear blue skies seemed to be beckoning me.

Alas! It was but a short visit and I had to return back to good old pollution once again. I did manage to capture some of the memorable moments in my camera though. Even now when the city gets to me, I look at these snaps and relive those moments.

Why is it that Bangalore is no longer what it used to be? The ICT boom, population boom, real estate and all the other ‘booms’ that you can think of, have spoilt the city’s ecosystem and beauty.



You can perhaps catch a fleeting glimpse of Bangalore’s past glory, if you visit ‘Lalbaagh’ at the break of dawn. You can still smell the lovely flowers that line the joggers’ track and the occasional ‘Champak’ tree close to the lake.

Hmm… for the moment, let me lose myself in these green fields and blue skies once again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita, I keep on checking your blog but nothing's happening. What's going on? Still somewhere in rural Karnataka? Would love to join you there sometime. Or simply to be back in Bangalore. Anyway, great reading your blog!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh right. That was me. Forgot to sign with a name. Michiel. Me. Thus.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures of rural Karnataka. Reminds me of North Bengal which is probably one of the most picturesque regions of the country. Rural scenes take one back to a laid back time.. away from the bustle and speed of urban life. Its nice to be among the trees, flowers and the soft green grass. The feeling of green grass on bare feet.. wonderful

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home